Schreiber LLC traces its roots back to the 1930s, when Dr. August Schreiber began researching and developing innovative biological purification methods in Germany. Within a few years, Dr. Schreiber’s small mechanical plants dotted the countryside. Schreiber-Klaranlagen was established in 1959 in Hanover, Germany, developing products for mechanical-biological “package” treatment plants. In 1969, after extensive research and development, Schreiber’s innovative Counter Current Aeration technology led to the building of the first activated sludge plant.
In 1979, Schreiber established Schreiber Corporation in the United States, with facilities in Trussville, Alabama. That same year, Schreiber installed its Model GR aeration technology at College Hill Poultry in Pennsylvania. In 1980, Schreiber developed the single reactor-basin approach for advanced biological wastewater treatment – the cornerstone to Counter Current Aeration and later the development of Schreiber Flex Controls™ and the Continuously Sequencing Reactor. Schreiber Corporation was sold to U.S. investors in 1986, and has operated independently since.
Schreiber LLC remains an industry leader through continual technological innovation. In 1995 the Fuzzy Filter, a compressible media filter system, was first installed in Columbus, Georgia. The company continues to strive for more advanced wastewater treatment systems: Schreiber’s FlexControls monitoring and control systems, patented in 2008, give facilities state-of-the-art tools to maximize efficiency.
Schreiber offers individual wastewater components, complete systems, and a wide range of energy efficient and innovative wastewater treatment options from influent to final discharge. With the highest quality fit and finish, Schreiber’s durable systems help achieve low operating costs while consistently meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations.